Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Update & Link Goodness

Oh, dear. I've only been at this for just over a month. I've only got to do one post a week, yet I have begun to lapse. I'm so sorry crickets. Yes, I heard you chirping irritably in lieu of new content, but I ignored. In my defense, I have been under the weather. Here's a picture to cheer you up:

LILIES


Isn't that cheery? Yes, it is, especially because it is only a picture and can't spew its Evil Yellow Haze of World Domination at me, innocuously refered to as pollen. (If you ask me, M. Night Shyamalan was onto something.)

On to the link goodness:

First up, The Bookshelf Muse. It's famous for their Emotion Thesaurus. Yep, that's a thesaurus for how to describe different emotions--and settings, and character traits, and much more! But they also are just great for finding other writer resources, writer interviews, contests, and giveaways. It's an all around fun blog to read, and it was on that blog where I discovered link number two.

I like what I've seen of The Plot Whisperer, so far, because her posts are clear, concise, easy to understand, and easier to apply to my own travails. There's no rambling or muddling, no fuzzy concepts that take hundreds and hundreds of words to explain, yet still somehow don't make practical sense. She also has a Youtube channel for those of us who absorb even more information when looking at and listening to a real live person. She's got every aspect of plot and writing covered.

So, click through to these sites and enjoy. I'll be over here, going through my fiftieth box of tissues.


Photo credit: "LILIES" by whologwhy, available under CC BY 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!